Friday, July 30, 2010

Liquid Fast - Day One

Day one of the Doctor supervised liquid fast is drawing to a close. I found it to be easy to do while at work. The minute I went to get the kids around 3:30 it started to get hard. It has been a battle of the wills all night. The naughty me that wants to eat the left over chinese food in the fridge. Just start pouring it into my mouth. I want to eat the french fries left over on my daughters plate!!

They say it will get better...it will get easier. The first 4 or 5 days is the hardest. Its not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Is any diet? This one however is 800 calories a day!!!

My stinkin' blender broke!! You must have a blender or the shakes are lumpy. It is much better to have a blender. The shakes are smooth and creamy if they are in the blender. Yesterday at the meeting with the 3 amigos they gave me a ton of recipes that I can do with the shakes to try and spice it up. There is also a chicken soup that I can have. I didn't buy that...figured I would dive in and have just the shakes. When I lose the first 20lbs, I will reward myself by getting the chicken soup. What a reward huh?

I have to have a bunch more blood work. My thyroid, my blood sugar. The EKG machine broke down while they were testing my heart. Figures...seems to be a trend starting. Something doesn't want me to do this fast. It is challenging me. Well, just so you know. I will win. So kiss my gigantic rump.

So, once you drink the shakes you really do not feel hungry. They recommend that you drink 2 quarts of water a day. So that helps as well. I'm trotting to the bathroom so many times I'm starting to carve a trail in the rug from my desk to the bathroom. Imagine what that will look like after I lose the 70lbs!!

There are also vitamins that come with the shakes. They are not as big as many vitamins that I've taken and not as small as others. I have to drink lots of water with the vitamins as they make me feel sick to my stomach. That has been typical for me all of my life with vitamins. I'm not sure what is in it to do that but they always have.

I have to drink 5 shakes a day. I can have more if I'm hungry. It is 8:22 and I just drank my last shake. I tried to have one at 8:30 then again 11:30 then again and 3:30 then again 6:30 and then again right before I go to bed. 1 shake every 3 hours so that my metabolism stays up.

I'm also supposed to burn 2500 calories doing exercise a week. They said not to go hog wild and do that in the beginning. You will not find me trying to be a super star and hitting that target for awhile. I think it is enough that I'm consuming 800 calories a day! Forget getting out and moving.

So that is it. Day One Down! Day Two coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment