Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day Two - Back in the saddle

My starting weight was 205.  Which means I have gained 35lbs back!  HOLY CRAP.  I guess I'm glad that I have started to get it under control before I gained it all back.  I got on the scale yesterday and cried.  I worked so hard to achieve 170 lbs on the shakes three years ago.  I seriously kept it off for a good two years.  Then last year from Jan - May I lost another 15 lbs training for tough mudder.  I was down to 155 lbs.  HOW, HOW, HOW did I let myself go?  WHY, WHY, WHY?  I'm heartbroken but not defeated.

Today I got on the scale and I'm 201.2.  First full day of shakes.  The typical big weight loss after day 1 on the program.  I ran 3.75 miles yesterday in 44 minutes.  Not fast, in fact that is a slow 12 minute mile.  But, I did it.  My Runtastic Ap says that is 606 calories.  Today...it is raining.  Hard.  I can go running in the rain or I can make an excuse.  I don't have room for anymore excuses.  I only have room for results.  Let's make this happen.

I have a 10K on August 3rd.  I have my brother's wedding on August 10th.  Here are a few of my goals. 

#1 - To finish the 5K in under 1 hr. 

#2 - To weigh 190 lbs by August 10th. 

Ambitious yes, but we must have goals.  Small little goals each week so that we have something more to focus on than the over-whelming big picture.  That is why weight watchers and most weight loss programs focus on the 10% of your body weight goal.  Extreme weight loss makeover show on TV does 10% in 30 days!  My goal would be to lose 20.5 lbs in 30 days.  So on August 20th, I should weigh 185 lbs.  I am secretly hoping for 180.  I've got this.  The 30 days is coming no matter what I do.  I can look better when that 30 days comes or I can look the same.  I am choosing to look different.

See you tomorrow.  I have a very wet 3.75 miles to slowly run.

No comments:

Post a Comment