Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 57 - Out of the 190's

I've hit 188. A total of 40 pounds! I still expect to wake up and have the entire weight loss a dream. I lost 4.7 pounds this week. I've officially moved out of the obese category into the overweight category. I have never been so happy to be overweight in my life. I will never be obese again.

I'm afraid. The amigos say I should start transitioning to food when I hit the 170's. That would be a couple of weeks. I'm not ready!!! I can imagine what you are thinking. I haven't had food in 57 days and you would think I would want to eat. Food is my drug of choice. Imagine giving an alcoholic a beer and telling him that one is enough. I'm afraid that I won't be able to stop. I'm afraid I'm not mentally ready yet. It has only been since August that I've been losing. I'm so scared to fail. I'm afraid to be in that 95%.

3 comments:

  1. NO! My post disappeared! Ok, trying again...

    I just started following your blog today. I have pretty much the exact same stats and goals you had when you first started HMR, so I've read through all of your progress. Man, I am SO impressed. Not just with how well you're doing, but also with the exercise you've incorporated into your life (no idea how I'll get that in...).

    Most of all, though, I've been really impressed with your attitude about the adversity you've faced. Struggles come alone, and you just seem to slap them down! You ARE a FINE WINE! I think it's good to admit that you're scared (and who wouldn't be??), but, you also have realistic goals in mind. You seem to want to be healthy for yourself and your family (and teach your children good habits). Just like needing a strong motivation to quit smoking, I think you have the strong motivation to keep the weight off after transitioning into real food again.

    Also, I've heard that working through the transition and maintenance classes helps dramatically. Plus, if you're enjoying the shakes, keep them a part of your daily diet!

    Great great great job so far! I look forward to joining your 5% FINE WINE club! :D

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,

    Thank you!! Are you going to start with HMR? Or are you doing something else?

    It has been such a journey for me. A journey that has uncovered many of my strengths and even more of my weaknesses. When you take the food out of the picture there is so much time to think about other things...

    I have also heard that you must do the transition and maintenance classes to keep the weight off. I know that the weight loss is the easy part and the hardest is yet to come.

    Thank you for your confidence in me! I hope you are right. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. It gets really lonely out here in the blogossphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing HMR. Currently, I'm doing the HMR at home because the next open class doesn't start until November 2 (and I just couldn't wait in my misery any longer). I just finished my first week which was SO tough (I was the driver to (1) Napa while my friends all drank, (2) happy hour, and (3) Monday Night Football at a bar...) but successful!

    I'm really glad I found your blog because you seem to be almost exactly the same as me (with the same goals and everything). It's so motivating to find another going through the same thing!

    Keep it up, Fine Wine!

    ReplyDelete