Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 36 -Easy?

I go onto the www.3fatchicks.com website all the time. One of the posts this morning was talking about whether or not weightloss is easy. For me its been very easy. Sure I've had some revelation and some things to comtemplate about myself, but for the most part is has been easy. It hasn't always been easy. I've done atkins a dozen times, South Beach, cabbage soup, the GI diet, Transitions, Weight Watchers, weightloss pills...I've tried them all. Those were not easy. Too many options. Too many decisions. It was a lot harder for me. I'd call it mental mindgames all day long. I don't have any mental mindgames with the shake fast. There aren't any choices. There isin't any plotting or scheming to figure out what I'm going to have next. I know! So it frees up my mind to think about other things. To really zero in on my triggers. If I find myself feeling like I have to have food and I'm not physically hungry I have to stop and find out why.

You would think 800 calories a day would be difficult to maintain. It is not. It is actually hard to make sure you get them all in.

I had weigh in last night. I was very suprised to see that I lost 6 lbs this week. What did I do differently than the other weeks? Well, I think just getting over my period was helpful. I changed up the exercise routine this week. I did my long run on Sunday, Zumba on Monday, Run on Tuesday, exercise at the gym on Wednesday, I ran yesterday and I haven't decided what I'm going to do today. So I didn't burn as many calories as I typically do. But maybe my body thanked me for the balance? Damn Ying and Yang....

Another weekend away this weekend. I will be around my Nanny and all of my family at our camp in Maine. I won't cheat! I have no doubt of that. I wonder if any triggers will bubble up. Nanny's turkey dinner and spagetti pie. Ooohh la la. But ya know what...even that is not enough to make me want to cheat. My mind is set. I will have that again, just not right now. I can handle that. I have 2 solid months left of the fast. This IS easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment