Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 29 - Back in the saddle - Sweet & Sour

I have not cheated! I have stayed the course. I have lost another 4 lbs. I'm now at a total loss of 20lbs. Not bad for 29 days eh?

But let me tell you...this past week has been tough. I will point the finger at PMS and my period in general. I have never been so happy to just get my period and get it over with. Immediately I dropped 1.5 lbs. My mood, my endurance...the way I felt on my run. Like night and day. What a huge trigger PMS and my period are for me. I'm going to have to figure out a way to fight that battle the next time around. I guess I always knew it was a time when I wanted to eat as if I were storing it away for winter!! But man...I didn't realize the mental torture my mind was giving me during that time. I've always just went with it. Potato chips, ice cream...whatever my mind was telling me I needed to get through my period.

So...that was as learning experience. I'm glad to be past it and feeling like a million bucks. Life is about the sweet and the sour. I know I've talked about that before. We are always fighting to have just the sweet. Only the sweet all the time. We want to be like the people we perceive that only get the sweet. We imagine their life perfect..loads of sweetness all the time. There is no such thing. Nor would I want that. How can you appreciate the sweet without the sour? You must must must have sour in order to appreciate the sweet. Haven't you ever thought, "Geez, look at how he/she is acting. I would kill to be able to have the things they have." The person you are looking at obviously needs to have a little more sour so that they can appreciate the sweet.

Struggling to lose weight is enjoying the sweet. I've been rock bottom. I've been severly over weight...lacking motivation, energy, will power. That was sour. I appreciate what I'm going through now..watching the pounds drop off..feeling in control. I'm experiencing the sweet. So many people out there want what is happening to me right now. So many people out there will try to sabatoge it for me. "She is not losing the right way. Her knees are going to bother her for the rest of her life because of that running." They are trying to take away my sweet so that I can go back to the sour with them. Its hard for others to see you enjoying when they are so miserable. It is much easier for them if you are sour as well. It is hard for me to close the door on those sour people. But, I can't let them into my world right now. I cannot let them try to sabatoge me. I will not let them drag me down.

Just remember life is about the sweet and the sour. Finding that balance...ying and yang. If you are going to have the sweet things in life you must must must have sour. And that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment